High Speed Steel Category
High speed tool steel is a kind of complex steel.The carbon content is commonly between 0.70~1.65%.And the alloy element content is general up to 10~25%.
Classification by Alloy Elements:
1) Tungsten high speed steel (including Tungsten 9~18%);
2) Tungsten-molybdenum high speed steel (including Tungsten 5~12% , Molybdenum 2~6%);
3) High molybdenum HSS (Molybdenum 5~10%);
4) Vanadium high speed steel:Common vanadium HSS(Vanadium 1~2%);High vanadium HSS(Vanadium 2.5~5%)
5) Cobalt high speed steel (containing Cobalt 5~10%).
Classification by Apps:
1) Universal HSS:
Mainly used in the manufacture of cutting tools(hardness Max.300HB,such as drill, tap, saw blade) and precision cutting tools (such as hob, pinion cutter, broach).Common grades:M2,T1 HSS.
2) Special Purpose HSS:
Including cobalt and superhard high speed steel (hardness HRC 68~70).Mainly used in the manufacture of cutting hard tool and the cutting tools.Common grades:M35,M42.
High speed steel manufacturers and suppliers in China, supplied in round bar,square bar,flat bar,plate,sheet and wire.